In 1664 the Hearth Tax Return shows that there were 17 houses and cottages in the Parish.
In 1861 the Census tells us that there were 32 houses, a population of 169 and the area of the Parish was 1,650 acres.
By 1974 there were 450 houses, a population of 1,000 and, because of parish boundary revisions, an area of 900 acres.
The parish gained land in 2000 and now extends to the East across Stanstead Road. In 2001 the population was estimated to be 1450 in 550 households.
(Information from the Bourne Society publication of 2002, Village Histories 7: Chaldon).